Spring is a beautiful season but also the allergy season. Asthma, Hayfever and Sinus have been running rampant over the past few weeks. Having suffered hayfever and sinus severely when I was young, I know how debilitating it can be, though thankfully I found Ear Candling 20 years ago and I haven't endured either allergy since.
Along with having an Ear Candling session here are my best remedies for allergies such as Hayfever (allergic rhinitis, asthma, sinus, sinusitis and hives)
- Vitamin C: An effective natural anti-histamine and anti-inflammatory, and it also supports healthy immune function and protects from secondary respiratory conditions.Good sources are kiwi fruit, oranges and other citrus fruits, strawberries, red capsicums, broccoli, papaya, guava and mango. You may choose to take a Vitamin C supplement.
- Local Honey: Locally made honey acts as a natural immunotherapy, giving your immune system a daily dose of the allergen and a chance to get used to it.
- Pollen: Check daily pollen counts and if it's high in your region keep windows closed.
- Onion, Apples, Kale, Capers & Broccoli: There are many foods which contain the natural antihistamine, quercetin. Onions and Apples are among the most common and help ease the symptoms of an allergic reaction
- Horseradish: Acts as a decongestant, helping to clear the nasal passages.
- Garlic: helps clear nasal congestion and anti histamine, it's also an immune enhancer.
- Ginger: A powerful natural anti-inflammatory that helps reduce nasal swelling and associated hay fever symptoms.
- Pineapple: A rich source of bromelain , an enzyme with strong systemic anti-inflammatory effects, which helps decrease mucosal inflammation and nasal congestion.
- Salt Therapy: We go to Salts of the Earth in Torquay for our kids Asthma and Eczema and it works a treat for all allergies
- Brauer's Allergy Range
- Martin & Pleasance Tissue Salts (Combination Q or H)
Quay Osteopathy: Cranial osteopathy is a very subtle, gentle technique bringing more mobility to the facial bones and sinuses.
Fire Tonic regularly daily dose does wonders
- Vacuum regularly
- Change bed sheets regularly
- Air Atomiser with Essential oils: Lavender, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Lemon or doTerra's Easy Air
- Take Probiotics
- Avoid diary: Limit or avoid cow’s milk and other dairy products as they can increase the production of mucus in the respiratory tract and exacerbate nasal congestion. Try alternatives such as rice, almond, quinoa and coconut milks.